Class of 1974
Add - View Profile
Join AHS Alumni
Below are some fun questions regarding our years at AHS! Some questions are no brainers, others are a bit challenging...might want your annuals close by to find the correct answers! Have fun!!!
1) Who was the first person to get tatoos?
none of the above
2) What was the name of our favorite janitor?
3) Who won the outstanding OEA award our senior year?
4) Who in our class has a Junior High named after their Father?
5) Who in our class had a Father that served as Mayor of Arlington?
6) Who won the best costume for the American Heritage Day?
7) Who won Mr. AHS our senior year?
8) What was the name of our foreign exchange student?
Sheri Bon Bon
9) Favorite English teacher?
Betty Jeanne Pettit
Mary Beth Ward
10) Do you know who compiled the #9 quiz question?
11) What was the name of the grocery store across the street from our high school?
12) In 1973 a movie came out that several of us had to see. We skipped school, drove to Dallas and watched this movie. What movie was it?
The Way We Were
13) Streaking became the fashion is 1974. What classmate streaked across the courtyard after lunch?
no one that I remember...
14) Who had one of the top albums of 1974?
Dark Side of the Moon by Alice Cooper
Aloha From Hawaii by Elvis
Band On The Run by Paul McCartney
The Concert Sinatra by Frank Sinatra
15) What famous band leader died in 1974?
16) In February of 2013, one of our teachers turned 95 years old. Who is this teacher?
Ms. Sharon Mars (French)
Mr. William Carter (head football coach/Psycology)
Miss Jane Ellis (Choir)
Mrs. Nadine Freiwald (English)
17) What was Mr. Lackey's favorite saying?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son!
Looks like somebody forgot there's a rule against alcoholic beverages in the classroom!
For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction
As of this moment, he's on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!
18) Who was the owner of the Texaco gas station next door to our high school?
19) What was the name of the restaurant on Park Row just east of Cooper that most of us shared lunch at?
Rise and Shine
20) We had a favorite drive-in hamburger place on S. Cooper, just north of Park Row. What was the name of this establishment?
Hunt's Bigger Burgers
A&W Root Beer Stand
21) AHS students chose Colts as the mascot and the colors of green and white. What were the students replacing back in 1923?
black and gold, The Yellow Jackets
red and white, The Cardinals
blue and gold, The Senators
gray and black, The Racoons
22) What year did Sam Houston open?
23) Who invented the slogan, "how sweet it is to be in colt country"
24) What year became the first freshman class in 40 years?
25) What year was AHS established?
Powered by MyEvent.com